Welcome to the Pension and Benefits document library. If you have any concerns or don’t see the form you are looking for, please contact us.
- Pension Plan Annual Report 2018
- Pension Plan Summary (2015): An introduction to the United Church Pension Plan.
- Definition of Spouse for Pension Plan Purposes
- Governance Review: Report on current decision-making and governance practices related to the pension plan, February 2018.
- Pension Plan Full Document Text: Text of the pension plan, May 2020.
- Pension Plan Funding Policy: Policy that guides the decisions of the Pension Board in support of the plan’s goals, May 2020.
- Pension Plan Governance Chart: Summary of the responsibilities of each level of the governance structure of the pension plan.
- Pension Plan Statement of Beliefs and Guiding Principles 2019: Strategic framework for managing and operating the pension plan, adopted by the Executive of the General Council in 2005.
- Pension Plan Volunteers 2020: Pension Board volunteer member biographies, May 2020.
- Responsible Investment Approach: The Pension Board’s approach to responsible investment, including integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) factors.
- Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures: Governs the activities of the Managers, the Investment Committee, the Pension Board, and staff as they pertain to the investment of the Pension Fund.
Retirement Pension Package
- PR443: Application to Receive Pension Benefit Payments Form: Pensioners’ Health and Dental Plan Benefits Election Form. It is conditional based on meeting eligibility.
- Direct Deposit of Pension Payment Form
- Spousal Declaration Form
- Waiver of Joint & Survivor Pension form (if applicable)
- Waiver of Joint & Survivor Pension Form – ON
- Waiver of Entitlement to a Death Benefit Form – AB
- Waiver of Entitlement to 60% Joint and Survivor Pension Form – AB
- Spousal Waiver Form 2 – BC
- Spousal Waiver Form 4 – BC
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form – MB
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form 5 – NB
- Waiver of Pre-Retirement Death Benefit Form 9 – NB
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form – NL
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form – NS
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form – PEI
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form – QC
- Waiver of Joint and Survivor Pension Form – SK
- Federal and Provincial Tax Credit Return forms: TD1 forms can be found on the Government of Canada website.
- Pension and Benefits Beneficiary Designation Form: Beneficiary form for retired members to be filled out and returned to the Benefits Centre.
- T2151-19e: Form used to record a direct transfer from a registered pension plan.
- Direct Deposit of Pension Payment Form
- Locked-In Transfer Form: Form required to transfer the member’s locked-in funds.
Terminated members who are over 55 but are a small benefit do not have the monthly pension option. They will only have the transfer option.
These members are considered “retirements” but will receive a termination package.
- Benefits for Active Members: Summary of Coverage: Describes the main features of the group benefits plans for active members.
- Benefits for Pensioners: Summary of Coverage: Describes the main features of group benefits plan for pensioners.
- Restorative Care Plan Roadmap: What to do if you must leave work for longer than two weeks due to an illness or injury, or you are responsible for supporting an employee or ministry personnel in that situation.
Forms for Active Members
- Group Benefits Beneficiary Designation Form: Group Benefits Beneficiary form for active members to be filled out and returned to the Benefits Centre.
- Pension Beneficiary Designation Form: Pension Beneficiary form for active members to be filled out and returned to the Benefits Centre.
- Enrol, Life Event and Dependent Form: Pension and Group Benefits Enrolment form to be filled out and returned to the Benefits Centre upon enrollment to the plan or when there is a change of information, such as changes to spouse, depending and beneficiary designations.
- Dependent Declaration Form
- Former Spouse Forfeiture Agreement Form: Declaration of having divorced/separated and former spouse now having no entitlement to the member’s pension from the Pension Plan of The United Church of Canada.
- Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Agreement Form: Available for members on approved leave or between calls who elect continuation of pension and/or benefits to set up monthly premium payments.